Pages

Mar 16, 2012

A Mini Makeover!

A friend of mine has a way of measuring hair length on girls.
    a. Chin length
    b. Shoulder length
    c. Passed the bra line

Mine was at length (b), but not quite at length (c). But the thing with long hair is that they get tangled easily, prone to split ends, heavy, and (if you’re like me) you keep jerking your own head by reflex for leaning on your hair.

I also had no style with long hair. Absolutely none. It’s either ponytail or bun, ponytail or bun.

Ponytail.
Or.
Bun.
>.<

When the weather gets particularly humid, my hair lays flat. If the weather gets too hot and dry, I sweat a lot and my hair gets sticky. To feel more comfortable, I tie it into… a bun!



The worst thing is when it falls. Hair is very societal; they never fall alone. They bring friends and relatives and their aunts to the “party” all the time. I feel like I’m losing my hair!

So I finally decided to take the plunge and get a haircut. The hairdresser asked, “How would you like it?” He gave me some suggestions and I finally settled on “Styled.” (Told you I’m really bad at this hair thing! >.<)

I think he felt that it was such a waste for me to decide to cut my hair because he kept asking for reassurance that I really wanted to have it cut. :3


He chopped off half the length of my hair and gave me sort of a bob. With all that weight gone, my head feels so much lighter and I don’t look like a girl who lacks imagination when it comes to hairstyles anymore! (Yay for small victories! \o/)

It feels great in this hot weather!


Did you have a mini makeover of your own? Or are you thinking of having one? A subtle change can do you a world of good. Go ahead and try it!

Have fun! :3

P.S: Even Ganaesh had a hair cut. His is cut so short you could see his scalp! XD

No comments: